Poussin (500gr each) 4 und.
Onion 1 und.
Carrots 2 und.
Celery 2 stems
Sesame Oil Tt
P. de Valdecuevas EVOO 50 ml
Foie gras 100 gr.
Salt and Black pepper Tt
For the garnih:
Broth from deglazing
the oven tray 500 ml
Chopped walnuts 6 und
Dried apricots 6 und
Toasted sesame Tt
Chopped parsley Tt
• • Brunoise the vegetables and sauté in EVOO, clean and empty the poussins and stuff with the vegetables and the foie gras.
• Bake at 180ºC for 30-35 minutes approximately. You can also set the oven into ´roasting´, and choose the cooking temperature of the meat.
• Remove from the oven, carve and save the stuffing.
For the sauce:
• Make the jus deglazing the oven tray with water.
• Add the walnuts and dried apricots cooking for 10 more minutes and adding the herbs and spices at the end.
• Emulsify the reduced sauce with Pago de Valdecuevas EVOO .
Finishing touches and presentation:
Cut each poussin in halves and remove the stuffing. Divide each half poussin separating the breast from the thigh. Plate arranging the two pieces on top of each other. Place the stuffing on the side and sauce with the emulsion of its jus. Add a dash of Pago de Valdecuevas oil and serve.
Pago de Valdecuevas´ contribution to the dish:
It provides the sauce with a special brightness and oiliness, enhancing the flavours of the vegetables and adding complex nuances in the mouth.