For the oil butter:
Valdecuevas Chef EVOO 200 ml.
Cocoa butter 100 gr.
Salt 10 gr.
For the bread chips:
Chapata bread 1 loaf.
For the garnish :
Assorted herbs Tt
Maldon Salt Tt
• Melt the cocoa butter at 35ºC and add the Valdecuevas EVOO
• Lower the temperature of the mixture down to 2ºC and work it until reaching 15ºC
• Set aside in a pastry bag.
• Cut the chapata bread in 15cm portions and freeze
• Shave into 3mm wide slices with a deli slicer
• Work and mold each slice to achieve volume and toast in the oven at 180ºC
• Set aside in a dry place, inside a plastic container
Finishing touches and presentation:
Serve the bread chips accompanied by the oil butter and herbs.
Pago de Valdecuevas Chef´s contribution to the dish:
Together with the cocoa butter, which is the ingredient that delivers the texture, the taste of the oil is enhanced, but then freshened in the mouth by the sprouts.